Windows 11 is still in development so bugs are quite common. There are several issues you may be experiencing: the camera not working, crashes system apps, screen flickering or audio not coming. Although each of these problems can be addressed individually, it is possible to reinstall Windows 11 if they aren’t resolved.
This will also help to eliminate any unnecessary bloatware and malware from your computer. Microsoft offers several options to reinstall Windows 11 without or with data. These methods are explained in detail.
Easy methods to reinstall window 11
Here are two quick ways to restore Windows 11 if your device is corrupted.
- Reset Your PC
- Use an ISO image
- Mount ISO image, and upgrade to Windows 11
- Reinstall Windows using the Recovery Mode
1. Reset your PC to Windows 11
This is the best way to ensure that you don’t lose any of your files and folders. This method of reinstalling Windows 11 is very simple and does not require an ISO file. Let’s now take a look at the steps required to accomplish this task.
- Press Win + I to select System.
- Scroll down in the right pane to locate Recovery.
- You will find the option to “Reset this computer” under “Recovery Options”.
- Click the button to “Reset your computer”.
- Click “Keep my Files” in the next window to get things started.
- If you have a Windows 11 ISO file to reinstall, click Local reinstall. Otherwise, click Cloud download.
- Then, click Next to continue reinstalling Windows 11. Follow the instructions on screen.
Notice: Once you press the Reset button you cannot undo the process. Make sure you’re 100% certain before proceeding.
2. Use an ISO image
The method described above can be used to reinstall Windows 11 in either cloud or local mode. Cloud or local. Here’s how to install Windows 11 traditional.
Notable: This requires an ISO image of Windows 11. The new OS is not yet available to the public so you will need to be an insider first. Once you have registered your device for Windows 11, and they are satisfied, follow these steps.
- First, go to Microsoft’s page for software downloads.
- A pop-up will ask you to log in to your official account if you aren’t logged in.
- Scroll down to select edition when the URL opens.
- You can use the drop-down menu next to Select edition to choose the Windows 11 Build OS you wish to reinstall.
- Next, click the Confirm button.
- Click on Confirm to return to the drop-down menu.
- Windows 11 only supports 64-bit architectures. You will receive a link that displays “64-bit download”.
- Please note that this link will only be available for 24 hours. It will then disappear once the time limit has expired.
- Click “64 Bit Download” to start the Windows 11 Insider version downloading immediately.
- Once you have the Windows 11 ISO file created, Rufus can be used to create a bootable media and then cleanly install Windows 11 on your device.
3. Mount ISO image, and upgrade to Windows 11.
You can mount the ISO image if you don’t wish to clean-install Windows 11. This will preserve all previous Windows installations, files/folders, and other data within the Windows.old folder.
- Here are the steps to upgrade Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, to Windows 11.
- If you have Windows 11 ISO files on your computer already, click on it and hit Mount.
- Go to This PC > Mounted Disk.
- Double-click the setup file from there to start Windows 11 installation.
- Allow the setup to complete for a few seconds before you move on.
There are two options in the setup file. The first option, i.e. Only choose the first option, i.e. “Download and Install Updates (Recommended)” when you have stable internet connection. Otherwise, you can choose to go with the “Not now” option.
- Continue clicking Next.
- Windows 11 will search online for updates (for the first option), and the installation process starts immediately afterwards.
- When the window opens, click Accept to accept any applicable notices or license terms.
- Click “Keep personal files” when asked what to keep.
- Click Next, then Install.
- Allow the operating system to install on your device. Once it has, fill out the following data using the drop-down menu.
- Language, Country, Keyboard Layout and Time Zone
- Continue on to customize settings. You can change the default privacy according to your need.
- You will see a welcome screen at the end. You can now use Windows 11 on your device by waiting for the welcome screen to disappear.
4. Reinstall Windows using the Recovery Mode
Sometimes, you may forget your password and therefore cannot log in to your device (local account). You can reset your password if you used an email address to log in to your device using the link on the sign-in screen.
In this case, you might boot your device into recovery mode first and then reinstall Windows 11. This is how it works:
- Click the power button on the login screen.
- This expands to give you three options: You can choose to sleep, shut down, or restart.
- Hold down the shift key, and then hit the Restart button. The Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) will be activated and your PC will reboot.
- Click Troubleshoot > Reset This PC.
- You can choose to “Remove all” or “Keep my files”, depending on your needs.
- If you don’t have Windows 11 ISO installed locally, choose the “Cloud download” option. If you have an ISO image on your computer, choose “Local Reinstall” and navigate to where it is located.
- To complete the installation, you don’t need a flash drive or USB.
- Click Next to choose the drive you want to reinstall Windows 11. You can format the drive where you want to install Windows 11.
- You can choose to delete your personal files if you don’t want them.
The device will be reset and notify you of any changes. Take note of all implications and press the Reset button.
This guide will help you to reinstall Windows 11 or fresh install it. for more info user can visit our website Via Www.office.com/setup.