Microsoft Office is a powerful tool that can be used to accomplish many tasks every day, as we all know. Microsoft Office is used by a large number of professionals to accomplish a variety of tasks. Sometimes, however, users are asked to update Office versions as they use it. They are asked to upgrade their Office version immediately after the updates are released.
Users are confused by the prompt and click the “update now” button without considering the consequences.
Users have reported losing their subscriptions after performing the update procedure. Some users have also reported losing their subscriptions after accidentally uninstalling their software. They are forced to contact Microsoft to cancel their subscription. There is a way out and you don’t need to worry if you find yourself in similar trouble.
Here Are Some Ways To Get Your Purchase Back
You may be wondering how you can retrieve your subscription if it has been lost. In such a case, it is important to remember that your subscription remains safe in your Microsoft account. You can retrieve it easily from there.
You can also read about Things to do if your Surface isn’t turning on
You can download the product you want from the Mac App Store. Once again, you’ll be able use the product. The Mac App Store will keep a record of all subscriptions and apps you have purchased.
To Retrieve Your Purchase
- At the beginning, you will need to log out from the Office app.
- This should be the app through which you made the In-App purchase.
- Go to the Mac App Store to find out which Office app was used.
- To view your purchased apps, you can go to the “Subscriptions” section.
- Sign in to your Apple ID if prompted.
- Navigate to the section ‘Active Subscriptions’.
- Look out for the name of the Microsoft Office product.
- The icon in the app represents the Office purchase you made.
- Close the app after you have found the in-app purchase app.
- Next, click on “Restore previous purchases”
Click on this option only if the Microsoft 365 window appears.
Quick tip: If you have trouble retrieving your Office subscription via this method, you can try another method. To do this, go to office.com/setup and log in to your account via www.office.com/myaccount. Then, navigate to the “Subscriptions” section to access the Office product you purchased.
If there is nothing in your list of active subscriptions, it could be expired and you will need to renew it.