It’s been one year in the past since Windows 11 becomes available for those who are users who aren’t insiders. Many users have installed the latest OS to test its newness but many users reverted back to Windows 10 because of speed issues or performance issues. If you are also experiencing problems with the latest OS you can speed up the speed of your Windows 11 PC by applying the 14 tricks and tips covered in this tutorial.
If you are experiencing issues with the performance of your Windows 11 PC running slow or unable to complete basic functions Here are some tips and tricks you can try with your PC –
- Disable Transparency Effects
In the case of resource usage by CPUs the only thing you need to do is turn off the effects of transparency on your computer. There’s no reason to have this option when your computer’s resources are not sufficient resources to finish even the most simple tasks. Here’s how you can turn off the effects of transparency in Windows 11 –
- Right-click any area on the desktop, and then select to personalize.
- The system will then direct you to the window for personalization.
- Go to the right and then click Colors.
- Then, under the second option i.e. “Transparency effects”, slide the switch towards the right.
- You can open any page within the Settings app and you’ll see no effects of transparency in any way.
- Turn off Shadows Animations, Shadows, and other visual Effects
We all are in love with Windows 11 for its new user interface, stunning graphics, as well as hundreds of animated videos. These features are useless should your system not be functioning smoothly. If you want to fine tune your device take a look at disabling all of these features in the Settings page.
- Hit Win+I to open on the Settings page.
- Select System, then About in the left pane.
- Under Device Specifications Select the final option i.e. Advanced System settings.
- This will open into the System Properties window.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Settings under Performance.
- In the Performance Options window, check the radio button “Adjust for the best performance”.
- You can also select the options you have available and remove the ones you do not want.
- Hit Apply then OK to confirm the modifications.
- As you’ve probably selected the smallest appearance, it will help to make the Windows 11 PC fast and far more efficient.
- Disable Startup Apps – Speed up Windows 11
By default, many programs start running when Windows 11 OS boots in. The more programs you have running means more resource use, and consequently make your device perform slower. There may be a handful of applications running on your device which aren’t even opened for more than a few seconds. Therefore, it’s best to look over the Startup applications and turn off the ones that you don’t use often. This article will show you how to remove startup applications in Windows 11 PC –
- Press the Ctrl and Alt keys together and select Task Manager.
- In the event that the task manager pops as a small-sized window, click More Details.
- Visit the Startup tab and turn off any programs are not used often.
- To do this, right-click on any app and select the option to disable it.
- Stop all programs running in the background
There are some apps could require operating in the background to keep up-to-date. A few examples include Mail, Calendar, etc. However, programs such as Microsoft Office, Store, Photos and a host of others aren’t required to run in the background since they use up a lot of resources.
One program may not consume a lot of system resources, but when they are together, they could cause the Windows 11 PC run slowly. Therefore, in order to accelerate the performance of the performance of your Windows 11 PC, stop background applications using the following steps –
- Just right click to the Windows icon, and then select Applications and Features.
- In the left pane, scroll to the applications you do not want running in your background.
- Press on the three vertical dots, then choose Advanced options.
- Scroll down to Background app permissions. Choose “Never” using the drop-down menu under it.
- Then, repeat the process for every application that do not need to use the system’s resources.
- Make your computer an ungaming device
If you’d selected the gaming option available on the OOBE screen, your system has to be set to make use of GPU and CPU resources in a manner that you won’t encounter any issues during games.
Making a computer work in Game mode can make the operating system to run slower or even hang between. If this is an issue, it could fix it by turning your computer ‘non-gaming’. Here’s how to do that to do this:
- The first step is to click Win + I, to start Windows Settings.
- Choose Gaming followed by Game Mode on the right pane.
- Switch off the switch in Game Mode.
- Go back to your computer and choose Xbox Game Bar, Turn off the toggle switch and also.
- Then, click on next, click on the Captures Option on the Gaming page and then disable all checkboxes, as well as switch off the toggle switches.
- Then close the Settings app and then restart your computer.
- At the next logon check if it is helping you get back to the efficiency and speed.
- Troubleshoot Windows 11 Performance
Problem-solving Windows 11 can also help you determine why your device is not running at a high speed. It is best to find out what’s blocking your computer from running quick.
This tool will identify the most problematic issues likely to impact your PC’s performance and offer solutions to fix the issue. This is how you can use the troubleshooter to find performance issues —
- You can open your Run Dialog by hitting Win+R.
- Copy/paste the following text into the text field , then enter.
- Follow the screen instructions to complete the rest of the steps.
- If this tool is able to complete the troubleshooting, it will fix the issue on its own or offer a solution to fix the issue.
- Click to “Apply this fix”, should it be after the tool has completed its work.
- Change Power Plan Settings
Another method to accelerate Windows 11 is by changing the default power plan settings of your PC. To alter the default settings you can follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel and Go to Power Options.
- Within of the Selected plan, simply click over the link to change the plan’s settings.
- Click “Change advanced power settings” to open the Power Options window.
- Extend “Processor power management”, and then “Minimum processor state”.
- Make sure to put each of “On battery” and “Plugged in” to “100%”. Repeat the process to “Maximum processor state” as well.
- Clean Residual and Temporary Files
If you decide to uninstall or delete an application from your PC it will prompt you to restart. It is often not heeded to and so temporary or leftover files accumulate within the PC. To speed up the performance of you Windows 10 PC faster, you must eliminate these files. This is the complete step-by-step guideline for how to eliminate the remnants or temporary files
- Use Win+X to open Power Menu. Press Win + X to invoke Power Menu.
- Choose Run from the options available.
- Enter “%temp%” near the cursor that is clinking and click OK.
- Doing this will lead your to Temp folder.
- Select all items and folders that are available and then choose to remove them all.
- You can also use this Disk Cleanup tool to scan and eliminate files not of any importance.
- Use Storage Sense
Over the course of time, massive amounts of amounts of data are stored on your computer. Once the data accumulation is at a certain limit and the computer starts to slow down, it could make your computer run slowly or stop working between. Windows 11 or even Windows 10 version 21H1 comes with a function that allows it is easy to remove the unwanted files. This feature is no other then “Storage sense”.
It is as the name suggests. it will automatically search for files that are older than and need to be deleted. This is how you can activate this setting in the Windows 11 PC –
- The first step is to start first the Settings App by pressing the Win + I.
- Then next, visit System after which you can go to Storage.
- Under Storage management The toggle switch is slid to the left.
- This will allow storage sense.
- To alter this setting further, you can configure Storage sense according to the following steps:
- Click on Storage sense once.
- Inside Configure cleaning schedules for cleanup Change the setting that is default.
- You can decide how long deleted content remain in the recycling bin.
- You can also choose when to run storage sense and the time to delete files from your Downloads Folder.
- Turn Off Search Indexing
Search engine indexing is an approach to gathering, parsing and storing information that could be utilized periodically. This allows for quick and accurate retrieval of information. While it’s important in the search for applications or settings, this isn’t always the case when you store all your applications within the taskbar or your Start Home screen.
To deactivate “Search engine indexing” on Windows 11 PC, use these steps:
- Press the Windows keys and the R key to open Run. Run dialog.
- Type “services.msc” and hit OK.
- In the window for Services Scroll down to access the Windows Search service.
- Right-Press on it and select the Properties option.
- Choose “Disabled” using the drop-down menu beside Startup type, then click”Apply > Ok.
- Next, restart your device to ensure that any changes made will be effective at the next login.
- Uninstall non-essential applications
If you’re someone who enjoys installing multiple applications to have them on your PC remove the ones you frequently use. In this way, your computer gets lighter and enhances significantly in performance.
You can locate and eliminate unnecessary programs in the directory below —
Settings (Win + I) > Apps > Apps and features
- Stop OneDrive Sync
The process of transferring important files to OneDrive is definitely an excellent thing to accomplish. Users need not be worried about losing of personal information stored on their devices. If your device isn’t functioning efficiently, there’s no reason in using system resources to transfer files.
Instead, you can instead run OneDrive each day for a few hours and let it sync all of the new files you create or delete from your computer. Here’s how you can stop from using the OneDrive function of synchronization on your phone.
Click on the cloud icon with a right-click located from the taskbar.
- Click Help & Settings.
- Select the drop-down menu next to Stop syncing, choose 2 hours.
- Start Your Windows 11 PC and check whether this improves the performance.
- If you don’t notice any changes that are noticeable return to the prior setting.
- Right-click on OneDrive then select Help & Settings > Resume the syncing.
Take note that if you see your device running well after deactivating OneDrive You can decide to turn off this application when your device is first booted up.
- Defragment your Hard Disk to speed up Windows 11
It doesn’t matter if it’s a film or music files or any other type of information that is adjusted in different places of the disk. In some cases, the files are no longer readable and need to be rearranged. While this can be accomplished with Windows 11 PC, this entire process can take a while and cause your device to behave slower.
To resolve this issue you can make use of an in-built program called “defragmenter”. The purpose of this is to rearrange the broken components, and thus improve the performance of your device. This article will help you defragment your HDD and increase the performance of your HDD
- Hit the Windows key, and then type “defragment”.
- Select the most effective option. Optimize and Defragment Drives.
- In the “Optimize Drives” windows, select the drive you wish to defrag and click Optimize.
The process of defragmentation begins shortly afterward. Make sure to wait until the process is completed successfully.
- Enable the boot Menu timeout
In default, it takes 30 seconds to begin the process of booting into Windows 11 PC. If you want to speed up the process and have the Windows 11 PC load fast you can disable this Boot Menu timeout by following these steps
- Hit Win + S and then type “Advanced system settings” on the search bar.
- In the search results, select the first option, i.e. “View Advanced system settings”.
- If it appears that the System Properties window launches, click “Settings” under Startup and Recovery.
- Remove the checkbox “Time to display a the list of operating systems Click OK.
- Reboot your computer to ensure that the changes are made to your system.
This is it I hope this article will help you boost the speed and performance of your Windows 11 speed and performance.
We are hoping that your device will increase speed or improve performance and for more Info visit Microsoft Official Website Www.office.com/setup